D-Transposition of the Great Arteries, Tricuspid Atresia, Coarctation of the Aorta, Atrial Septal Defect, Ventricular Septal Defect, Single Ventricle-HRHS
- Pulmonary artery banding and coartation correction at one week old.
- Spontaneous complete heart block at 3 weeks old.
- Pacemaker implantation at 4 weeks old.
- Pneumonia at 5 weeks old.
- PA banding retightening at 5 weeks old.
- Pacemaker replaced at 6 weeks old.
- Staph infection at 7 weeks old.
- Sepsis at 8 weeks old.
- Removal of medical intervention and life support at 9 weeks old.
Elijah 'Eli' Wade Schaffer
4 years old
L-Transposition of the Great Arteries, Pulmonary and Subpulmonary Stenosis, Hypoplastic right-sided ventricle and valve, Atrial Septal Defect, Ventricular Septal Defect, Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Defects created a balance at birth. No intervention needed.
- WPW related SVTs began at 3 months old. Hospitalized several times during the first year.
- Surgery at 3 years old: One and a half ventricle surgery-Bidirectional Glenn, subpulmonary resection, fenestrated ASD closure.
'And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.' Job 1:21