Thanks to Crystal Light for sponsoring this post. To learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight.
When you have a large family like I do, life can get really hectic. Each of my children has his own medical issues and schooling situations, adding to the steady upheaval. Doctor appointments are frequent and so are school visits and basic errands. Add in my part-time freelance work, hubby's home business, the unschooling/homeschooled teenager, and well, some days I am literally begging for the Merry-Go-Round to stop and let me off! When my life begins to feel out of control I tend to shut down. I can easily become emotionally paralyzed.
Over the years I have learned a few tricks that help make life easier. It's possible that these tips may help you, too.
- Write it all down. I keep a spiral notebook available all the time. I write lists, appointments, make notes, prayers, recipes, websites I want to visit, etc. I write down everything!
- Be prepared. It's very important to have the tools you need on a daily basis. You also need a plan. If I take the time to think through what I have to handle, I find that I am much calmer and focused.
- Take a moment. Breathe, take a walk, meditate. It is necessary for good attitude and good health.
- Laugh with purpose. Make a point to laugh, really laugh, every day. Happy people are healthier people. Make the choice to be happy.
- Cry passionately. Tears are powerful and purifying. Sometimes the release is necessary.
- Get creative. You need a hobby. Really. Something you can call your own. Something you can do that is yours and yours alone.
Being a MOM is hard, period.
Every mom has to find ways to make life easier, both mentally and physically. I've always heard that you can't take care of other people (like your family!) unless you put yourself first. This is really difficult for most moms. If you are a stressed-out, worn-out mom, please think about implementing some of these tips. You might find that you can be organized, prepared, well-rested, happy, emotionally free, and productive.
And this can make you a well-rounded wife and mom.
Remember, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight to learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors. I was selected and paid for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.
(Review week posting will resume tomorrow!)